Hard-to-find paint sprayer parts

Old 02-01-12, 10:10 AM
M
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Hard-to-find paint sprayer parts

I have a Ryobi RAP200 paint sprayer which has worked very nicely for me. Until now.

There are two little parts in the spray gun assembly, a nozzle seat and cap which are worn to the point of uselessness. I can't find these anywhere in the Ryobi parts lists and the big box store that sold me the sprayer doesn't have any idea how to find the parts.

My best bet right now is to find another owner of this sprayer for advice. I'm still waiting for a reply from Ryobi support.

Sponsored Links
Old 02-01-12, 11:14 AM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 300 Votes on 266 Posts
I didn't even know Ryobi made a sprayer. I suspect dealing directly with Ryobi is going to be your best bet.

Old 02-01-12, 11:24 AM
Super Moderator
Received 3 Votes on 3 Posts
Mark...
My neighbor bought one , not sure if it was the same model, and he was very pleased with it. He sprayed the entire exterior of his 2 story stucco house (backrolling after each section) and the sprayer worked great. Plus he got it on sale for something just over $100. Was going to buy it when he moved, but he had loaned it to someone who never brought it back. It was typical Ryobi stuff...but for his use, it worked great.

Morania...
I'm not sure what part or area you are talking about...could you describe where they would be on this diagram....http://manuals.ryobitools.com/system..._r_05.pdf?2011

Old 02-01-12, 02:39 PM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 300 Votes on 266 Posts
With a $100 price tag I'd expect it to be a disposable unit.
Looks like the pump comes as an assembly and can't be rebuilt

Old 02-01-12, 02:59 PM
M
Yup. I put on my headset, endured worse than the usual "on hold" music, and puttered around the job site productively until I finally got a hold of a real Ryobi human that was actually in the US. Things went well. She ended up sending me the same list as Gunguy's link. The list I have is the original with not so much detail about the spray gun. I'm in line for a couple of spare parts and I'll be back on line in no time.

After I got off the phone, I was going to come back and continue this thread with information for those other owners of this fairly rare product.

I like the unit. I tweaked the pressure and the thinning and have had good results. I only paint at the home additions level with it, but I feel like it would hold up to new home painting just fine for quite a while. It could buy someone good work time until they saved for a better quality sprayer.

Old 02-01-12, 03:03 PM
M
$100 now? I think mine was more but that was last year. I got it with the intention of tiding me over until I could get a Cadillac sprayer. Kinda funny that most of my Ryobi stuff was designed to do that and I still have it in frequent service.

If I bad-mouth the blue tools, I do so quietly so as not to jinx myself. Otherwise, I like to aspire toward yellow.

Old 02-01-12, 03:56 PM
Super Moderator
Received 3 Votes on 3 Posts
Well, remember, that was him telling me how much it cost. Could been a little bragging...and it may have been an open box or similar. It was also 2 yrs ago.

Old 02-01-12, 06:18 PM
M
Oh yeah. Even for a little more, it's a good machine if you're in a pinch. I hope this discussion helps someone in a pinch.