Bathroom Paint Color Suggestion

Old 02-18-12, 04:39 AM
B
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Bathroom Paint Color Suggestion

My wife isn't real keep on the color of your bathroom (kind of a darker ivory). The tub toilette and sink are all cream colored and the floor is a cream colored marble. Everything is really in tones of brown. Is there a color we can add that will lighten the bathroom up while not clashing with the existing pieces? I've attached a picture so maybe that will help. Thanks.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Sponsored Links
Old 02-18-12, 04:49 AM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 300 Votes on 266 Posts
It can be difficult to pick a color for someone else - everyone's tastes are different. Personally, I think the current color looks good....... but if the wife ain't happy

The easy pic would be to just use a lighter shade of what you have but there are many colors that will work. I'd suggest looking at color brochures and try to get an idea of what she'll like. If you have a doubt about a color you can buy a sample pint at many paint stores. Some paint stores have software that will take your pic and insert their colors.

Old 02-18-12, 11:53 AM
J
Hello,
I've prepared a few images for you. You can do more tests yourself using this free tool.

Old 02-28-12, 01:14 PM
H
IMO you already have a room with light paint!! The room looks big enough that you can paint one wall a different color (personally i like when the furthest straight ahead wall is a different color than the side walls and the wall with the entryway).

What is you went less "ivory" and more earthy tan color - would be a little darker but might git it a "richer" feel

Old 02-29-12, 07:32 AM
S
Group Moderator
Received 94 Votes on 83 Posts
I had thought about a light green but I think it looks awful in the sample pic above....