Painting Images

Old 01-19-01, 03:20 PM
Visiting Guest
Question

If I have a photo of the outside of my house and scan it, how can I try different exterior paint colors for the house and trim in the scanned photo? Is there a program (either to purchase or free) that allows this to be done on my computer? Thank you.

Sponsored Links
Old 01-20-01, 05:47 AM
Visiting Guest
That is an idea I haven't even thought of, though I don't know of any such program I am sure there is a photo shop somewhere that it can be done, good luck and sorry I don't have an answer for you.

Old 01-22-01, 08:45 PM
Visiting Guest
painting images

There is a program and it is offered by Sherwin Williams
and it costs about $400. I have the program and it's
well worth it if you are a painting contractor and want
to have an edge over your competition. I could possibly
share if interested?

Old 01-23-01, 07:31 AM
Visiting Guest
Red face Painting Images

I hope I haven't given a wrong impression! I am just a lowly homeowner, not a contractor. I thought perhaps there was some sort of CD ROM that I could purchase for my quest in choosing the right colors for the outside and trim of my home. Thank you Chipfo and denk11 for your replies to my question.

Old 01-23-01, 07:38 AM
Visiting Guest
paint program

I had a computer crom set that we used to change the color of the trim on my house, added a different garage door, a lawn, flowers & trees. You use an existing picture of your house (we did it from a digital photo). It worked great! I think it was Sierra Home Designer(?) I gave it away to my sister but now I'm looking to replace it, I know there's several on the market from $20 up. Go to a site & read critics of each program before you decide.

Old 01-23-01, 09:20 AM
Visiting Guest
Thumbs up Painting Images

Thanks Rosey! You have been a great help...I'll look for the Sierra Home Desiger and take your advice and check on the sites and look for critics of each program. Thanks again...