What color do I paint an old kitchen?

Old 01-30-01, 01:00 AM
Visiting Guest
Question

Hello. My house was built in 1938 and I am giving the kitchen a facelift. I want to do a black and white theme with the paint and was wondering if it would go with the era of the house. I have looked and looked on the net with no luck to find this out. I am making the walls white and the cabinet doors black. The base boards and trim around the window and 2 doors will also be black. I have new hardware for the cabinets and drawers. They are a black/silver color. If all goes well...I will be adding black and white tile to the floor. Oh. My kitchen is a galley style one...just a straight shot through. The demensions are about...8X12. I am also removing the old formica from the counter top and am replacing it with new black and white (granite style) formica. I hope this is enough info. Please let me know if you think this will work for the house's era.

Thanks a bunch,

Old 01-31-01, 10:27 PM
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
I don't know the answer to your question, but I may be able to tell you how you can research the answer. Goto to http://www.about.com enter "period architecture" and "period architecture color schemes" into the search input box.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: