Painting a refridgerator???

Old 02-01-01, 05:15 AM
Visiting Guest
Lightbulb

Hello all...I want to paint my old refridgerator! I do not know the year it was manufactured, but I know it is at least a 70's model. It is a burnt yellow color and I want to paint it white. Does anyone make the kind of paint I need for this? Would I have to primer it? Please let me know if you have had experience with this.

Thank you,

Old 02-01-01, 04:10 PM
Visiting Guest
I'm looking to do the same thing. Not sure how it will turn out, but I found some "appliance" epoxy spray paint at the local home depot. Seems simple enough.

You may want to replace the rubber gasket at the same time. I saw a tip on this in the Family Handyman magazine (march 2000). Just contact manufacturer, or appliance store that carries parts. It seems to just have plates that screw on and off to remove.

Old 02-02-01, 05:28 AM
Visiting Guest
Yes you can use the apliance paint, be sure to thoroughly clean and lightly sand the surface with 220 grit sandpaper, spot prime any bare or rust spots with a spray primer such as Kilz and don't try to cover in one coat, spray cans are considerably thinned so multiple applications may be nesasary or you may create runs and sags in the paint. Remove handles, mask off hinges, tape off rubber strip, etc.

Hope this helps

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: