painting stipled ceilings

Old 02-07-01, 04:51 PM
Visiting Guest
Question

We have a mobile home that has stipled ceilings throughout. We do not believe that they have ever been properly painted. If we just use a roller will all the stiple fall off creating a real mess?? We have been told that we can only use a sprayer on them. What type of ceiling paint is the best to use?? Thank you for any information that you can pass on to us.

Old 02-10-01, 01:57 PM
mikejmerritt
Visiting Guest
dorisll, Sorry about the delay in getting a reply. Sometimes I don't scroll down and see the posts on the lower end of things. All you can do is try a roller in a small room or closet if you have one. This would also tell you if you need a coat of KILZ to stop bleeding like water stains or yellowing. I never use ceiling paint because it doesn't cover and only stays put because you can't touch it. Sherwin-Willaims Pro Mar 200 or 400 would be a good choice. Any medium to high grade paint will work...Mike

Old 02-14-01, 10:46 AM
T
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
I have just decorated a 5 bed house with these kind of ceilings..What I do is drag a wallpaper smoother over the stipple. This detatches any lose pieces. Then a thick pile roller should be fine!!

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: