Painting trims

Old 02-15-01, 08:03 AM
Visiting Guest
Does anyone have advice on how to paint or stain new solid oak kitchen trims white so that the oak grain will show?

Old 02-15-01, 09:19 AM
Visiting Guest
Lightbulb stain don't paint

Paint will cover up your grain. Try a stain, they come in many colors, some opaque. Go to your home improvement center and check out the different colors. They have wood samples showing you what it will look like before you buy.

Old 02-15-01, 09:28 AM
Visiting Guest
Lightbulb brick info

Found this in the Masonry section, thought you might be interested in the info.

Originally posted by 2000
If nothing less than full restoration (as in do no harm to the brick and mortar) is satisfactory, any number of things must be learnt.

As an overview read this Preservation breif: http://www2.cr.nps.gov/tps/briefs/brief38.htm

For more depth obtain: Masonry: How to Care for Old and Historic Brick and Stone, by Mark London, 1988, by the National Trust for Historic Preservation. Available from: National Trust for Historic Preservation, 600 H Street, NW, Washington, DC 20006, Phone: 202-673-4200.

For restoration chemicals: Diedrich Technologies, Inc. Phone: 800-323-3565, Fax: 414-764-6993
Email diedtech@execpc.com

Old 02-15-01, 11:44 AM
Visiting Guest
I believe gini left her last post here by accident, I copied and pasted it to the one I think she ment it to go.

Old 02-15-01, 11:52 AM
Visiting Guest
Smile Thanks

Your right, I did make a mistake. Thanks for getting it where it needed to be.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: