Painting Clouds on a textured ceiling

Old 02-19-01, 02:36 PM
Visiting Guest
Question

I am hoping someone out there can help me out. I plan to texture a guest room ceiling and then paint over it in a "sky blue" color. Once this is done, I want to put realistic clouds on the ceiling. I have seen instructions for doing this on walls (where the bottom of cloud is flat) but I am not sure if I can apply the same steps to a ceiling. Can someone tell me what is the best way to do this? and what type of paint (white) should I use for the most realistic effect? I am thanking you in advance.

Old 02-20-01, 09:13 PM
Visiting Guest
Wink textured ceiling & clouds

I hope its the same as with a flat wall because thats exactly what I am going to do. We have textured ceilings in every room. I am going to use the same method I told the others. I figure that the texture should give it a more 3-D look. I like using a soft white. Take a look at some clouds to get an idea of the color white you think would be best for your room. I use an off white. Not to yellow, more like whats called winter white. Its between a pure white and egg shell. One brand calls it coffee white. It doesn't look like any coffee I have ever seen but it is soft. For directions on how to do it found the two current cloud painting questions near this one. There are two ways, one with wet paint and one with dry.

Old 02-21-01, 03:45 PM
Visiting Guest
Smile

Gini........thanks for all the information. I will be trying this out in the next 2 weeks and will let you know the results. Good luck with your "sky" project! Thanks again.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: