Rag painting

Old 02-25-01, 06:23 PM
Visiting Guest
Question

I am very interested in rag painting. I need some tips for being successful at my first attempt. Any advise would be greatly appreciated. Having never done this before it would be helpful if you could help me determine the best type of paint and a step by step process. Thank you in advance for your help.

Old 02-25-01, 09:01 PM
Visiting Guest
first wash or prime your wall.prime only if new drywall or needed.apply your basecoat. basecost is the first color in your color combination. make your basecoat a semi-gloss paint, it makes the second half of the ragging process easier. allow your basecoat to dry 2-4 hours.now roll your second color, this is the glaze color, glaze can be tinted to the color you went.use a roler to apply a 2 by 4 foot section of the wall paint gaze over basecoat. this is the hard part. roll your rag into a 6 to 8 inch roll. tuck in the corners. starting at the ceiling roll the rag down the wall. don't woory about a pattern ragging doesn't have a pattern. remove the glaze with your rolls to the amount of color you want. just try to leave the same amount on the wall for the entire wall. good luck.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: