painting over varnish

Old 03-02-01, 12:23 PM
Visiting Guest
Posts: n/a
i'm just moved here from the UK and want to paint over my varnished cupboards - at home there is a product available which i can paint on then wipe off and then paint or revarnish straight over - no need to sand at all. my question is , is there a product like that here - if so whats it called and where can i get it from? thanks Kerry
Old 03-02-01, 01:42 PM
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: Herts U.K
Posts: 522
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Thats the ESP question again guys!! What did you say the U.S version was again?
Old 03-02-01, 08:26 PM
Visiting Guest
Posts: n/a
In the paint and hardware stores they sell liquid sander and de-glossers that you brush or spray on but do not wipe it off, just let it evaporate. I still would recomend quality oil based primer if you are going to paint over varnish.

I do not remember the Brand names, I do not use them, but the store clerks will know.

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Ask a Question
Question Title: