painting countertops-

Old 03-09-01, 08:26 PM
Gia
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
I'm not certain that I am posting this in the correct forum but I'm not sure where else to go...

A friend of mine just painted over her bathroom countertops w/a kit (faux finish marbleizing). Has anyone ever tried it and how does it wear? Can you recommend a brand.

We bought a bank foreclosure and my husband does tile work so we plan on tiling all countertops in the baths but it is not a priority. My friend had spent $15 on the kit so I thought that may be a quick solution for in the meantime. The other problem I have is that the formica on the facing on the counters had been peeled off-any suggestions on a quick finish if I do the painting?

Old 03-11-01, 06:51 AM
Visiting Guest
I do not know of a $15 kit to do this, how well is your friends counter job holding up? Countertops get so much abuse that about the only thing I recomend for formica is the link below. You can sand and prime them with a quality primer and paint, but like I said, I don't recomend it for countertops because of the wear and tear they go through, not to mention prepareing food on them in the kitchen.

http://www.integritycoatings.com/index.html

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: