exterior painting themes (corners)

Old 03-15-01, 01:06 PM
Visiting Guest
Exclamation

I would like to do something different with the corners on the exterior of my house. One method I heard was to skip each half block and paint each whole block ( I have brick ) and to use my trim color. Is this correct? I have seen it done, but I am not so sure as to the pattern needed for such an effect. Anyone?

Old 03-16-01, 05:27 AM
Visiting Guest
Sounds like you have quoined corners, where about 4 layers of brick stick out further than the rest then 4 in regular position etc, etc. just on the corners. Hmmm, never have done what you are talking about, sounds interesting but I would be hesitant in painting any of the brick because if you change your mind it is very difficult to remove the paint. The brick as is now is virtually maintanence free so be sure this is what you want. You could cut pieces of cardboard the size of the quoins and paint and tape them up in place on one corner and step back and see if you like it, leave them on for a day or two and see if it what you expected before you paint the quoins themselves.

Old 03-16-01, 06:30 PM
Visiting Guest
correctioon

I have a block home and have heard that there is a way to do the corners with my trim paint alternating blocks on the corners. They do not stick out but are straight edged. I woner if this is right or if it has been done. Thanks. Anyone?

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: