painting

Old 03-30-01, 06:20 PM
Visiting Guest
Wink

I have paneling in my kichen , the top half is vinyl wallpaper. I want to paint over it and I was told there was a high adhesive paint to paint with. Can you tell me the name of the paint. Thank you!!!!!!! E-mail me at rvanwhy@enter.net

Sponsored Links
Old 03-31-01, 09:01 PM
Visiting Guest
I would suggest a high adhesive oil based primer such as Kilz and a quality wall paint, the oil based primer will seal the wallpaper so the paint does not soak through and loosen the wallpaper paste. Make sure the paper is adhered well itself, clean thoroughly, lightly sand the paneling with a 220 grit sandpaper for adhesion and smoothness, remove dust and prime, after dry lightly sand the paneling one more time for smoothnes and remove dust, at this point you can caulk the paneling where needed (joints and corners) with a PAINTABLE latex caulk, smoothing with a wet finger and clean up any mess or access with a damp rag, allow to dry and paint with 2 coats of quality wall paint.

BTW, to be emailed when a reply is posted just check the email notification box when posting a reply.