Spray Painting - Suggestions??

Old 04-03-01, 06:13 PM
Bart Beaudin
Visiting Guest
Question

Well I took the plunge and was able to spray paint 2 bedrooms (with great tips from Chip-Pro painter and Blackcat4luck). My only problem is that I used 5 gallons of paint.

Do you have any trade secrets for determining the right amount of spray? I rented a Graco sprayer for $55 for 2 hours. It was a bit pricey but it worked fine.

Hope you have some suggestions.

Old 04-04-01, 05:42 AM
Visiting Guest
Spraying always uses much more paint than rolling and brushing, you could try a smaller tip, they are found at Sherwin Williams, Ben. Moore and other pro paint stores, department/hardware stores are not going to carry Graco, expect to pay about $30 for a new tip without the tip guard(another 30), if you do change sizes take the old one with you so they will be able to determine a smaller size for you, don't go much smaller, you will notice a difference. Remember, the fan and amount of paint is going to be different with different tips.

If you had good results with the tip you are using then you probably don't want to switch (unless you are going to jump from walls to trimwork or simuliar), never fix something that isn't broke

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: