does paint go bad?

Old 04-07-01, 04:18 PM
Visiting Guest
Hi there. Last October I bought some Glidden exterior latex flat paint. Before I got to use it, the weather turned nasty and I stored the paint in my garage. I opened it up the other day, stirred it to mix the color and began applying it. I've noticed that there are tiny bubbles all over the surface that I've painted, more so with the areas that I used a roller on than when I used a brush. What could be causing this? Does the paint destablize if the weather is cold? Or is the problem with my roller? Please advise. Thank you.

Old 04-07-01, 06:18 PM
mikejmerritt
Visiting Guest
cap, Unless the paint froze it should be fine if the lid has been on tight. If it froze it will have a grainy, seedy look about it and will not act right in that the seeds will not smooth out. As for the bubbles, have they dried out? If not it sounds like you may need a pro grade roller cover and will cost about 6.00 at Sherwin-Willaims. I suggest a 50-50(lamb/poly) for flat latex or if they don't have that a 100% poly cover...Mike

Old 04-07-01, 09:06 PM
Sonnie Layne
Visiting Guest
Hey Cap,
Don't know what part of the country you're from but "just the other day" may not be quite warm enough to be painting. Mike's response typically is very true and professional. Try upgrading the roller. Make sure the temps are OK. If you still have problems, add some floetrol to the paint.

my two cents,

Sonnie

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: