painting panelboard

Old 04-11-01, 05:03 PM
Visiting Guest
HI I COULD USE SOME HELP IN PAINTING MY PANELBOARD IN MY TRAILER? IWANT TO GET RID OF THE LINES AND JOINTS WHERE THE PANELS MEET. IWANT IT TO LOOK LIKE ASMOOTH WALL WHEN IM FINISHED. WHAT CAN I USE TO FILL THE LINES AND JOINTS? I WAS TOLD I COULD USE DRYWALL MUD, WOULD IT BE OK FOR BOTH OR JUST FOR THE SMALLLINES, SHOULD I USE SOMETHING ELSE FOR THE BIGGER JOINTS THAT ARE DEEPER AND WIDER THAN THE LINES.ANY SUGGESTIONS WOULD GREATLY BE APPRECIATED. I LIVE IN ALBERTA CANADA. LOOKING FORWARD TO AN ANSWER. THANK YOU

Old 04-14-01, 06:44 AM
Sonnie Layne
Visiting Guest
My reply from a previous post...

Wash it down first with TSP or Sav-O-Gran's Dirtex. Sand it lightly or wipe it with Paso (watch the fumes), prime it with an alkyd primer, fill grooves with exterior grade spackle and a putty knife. Leave the filler a bit proud if possible because it will shrink, else you can fill twice. Sand the spackle down smooth, prime again, and you'll be set to finish it off. It'll be dead flat, you can texture if you want.

Sonnie

Old 04-14-01, 08:37 AM
Visiting Guest
thank you sonny layne for your help. at least this gives me an idea on how to fill the grooves. ill give it a tryand see what happens. thanks again jandgc

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: