How do they put glitter on ceiling

Old 04-22-01, 08:33 PM
Visiting Guest
Cool

I am redoing my daughters bedroom, and I am wondering how do you go about putting glitter on the ceiling?
Thanks

Old 04-22-01, 08:36 PM
T
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Glitter in paint

Stir glitter into paint & mix well. Paint as usual. Are you sure you want to do this, as it may affect the resale value of your home?

Old 04-22-01, 08:44 PM
Visiting Guest
I have heard that they recommend a professional do it. That they had to spray it on the ceiling.As far as affecting the resell value of my home. I have been here for 8 years and have no plans on leaving. I thought also that it seems you could just put glitter in the paint and paint on, but I have read that they don't do it that way.

Old 04-23-01, 04:28 AM
Ramie
Visiting Guest
Cool

What about the spray can glitter...comes in gold and silver

Old 04-23-01, 06:05 PM
T
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Glittter on ceiling

I had dinner with a house painter this evening. I asked him about your problem. He said that glitter is usually applied to textured ceilings while the mud is still wet. You can mix silver with gold, but the best effect is if you have more silver than gold. If you are applying glitter to a painted ceiling, it must be done while it is still wet. That means you will have to have a helper apply the glitter while the paint is still fresh. Glitter guns are usually used to apply the glitter. I assume these can be rented (depending on where you live) or purchased.

I would recommend doing a test area on a ceiling with the spray glitter or painting a large piece of cardboard and practicing until I achieved the effect I wanted. I would assume if it works fine, then you can spray glitter onto a dry ceiling.

My painter friend indicated that if you stir the glitter into the paint that the paint will coat the glitter particles.

Old 04-23-01, 07:06 PM
Visiting Guest
Smile

Twelvepole,
Thanks for great advice. Will try it out and see what happens. It ought to be interesting to see how it turns out.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: