adding interior paint texture

Old 04-24-01, 06:20 AM
Visiting Guest
What are some good methods for texturiizng interior paint? I have an entire Cape Cod that i just bought. The walls are all very clean and have maybe three coats of paint on them. I would like to try a paint additive (sand etc.) I have heard of people adding a 1/4 cup of spackling to latex paint as well. Ive done a lot of painting but never added texture. Any advice short of respraying dry wall?

Sponsored Links
Old 04-25-01, 06:58 PM
Visiting Guest
The are many ways to add texture to ...

your walls. One way is with a paint called Spectura, it adds specks of color to a base coat of your choice. Painting techniques abound.

Texture can come in a can, purchase texture compound and apply it to your walls in one of the following ways: roller, brush (a dry stiff one, you can add swirls, waves or even stripes), broad knife (after rolling it on use the knife to smooth it out some what. Look of old plaster). Sponges can also be used for a different effect. Add hay into it to create an old world look.

Behr paint has a paint out for texture effects. Venetian Plaster and Sandwash. Check it out.