Stripping black paint off beams

Old 04-27-01, 05:37 AM
Visiting Guest
Question

I am trying to strip black paint off the beams in my Grade II listed cottage. I have used Ronseal peel off paint stripper on a section of beam and it has hardly any effect at all. Can anyone recommend anything to get the paint moved as quickly, painlessly and cheaply as possible? HELP!

Old 04-27-01, 06:47 AM
Visiting Guest
Try a product called SuperStrip. You should be able to find it at Sherwin Williams paint stores, Lowes, and some Truevalue and Ace Hardware Stores. Make sure you have plenty of ventilation and mask off adjacent areas with heavy plastic. Under the beams use heavy plastic with newspaper on top to catch the softened paint. Read the product label thoroughly.

Old 04-29-01, 09:27 AM
hy
Visiting Guest
stripping black paint

You can easily do your project safely with PEEL AWAY 7 and it will keep the natural color of the wood underneath. No methylene chloride so you do not have to be concerned with all of the above warnings. It will do it one application. It sounds as if you are from the U>K> when you are stripping with RONSEAL. Over there they have a product call ed te Safer Stripper by langlow which will do your job.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: