Dry wall repair

Old 04-28-01, 05:20 AM
Visiting Guest
Talking

I have a wall that is badly in need of patching before I paint. (wallpaper removal damage) Some spots are rather large and deep,and some are small. What is the best material to use and how do you apply it so it doesn't leave big clunks to sand off? How many layers of patching are required for the large spots so that they can't be seen under the paint? Thanks!

Old 04-29-01, 05:09 AM
Sonnie Layne
Visiting Guest
Since the repair is needed from wallpaper removal, the damaged areas shouldn't be too deep. Ambiguous terminology, measurements would help. At any rate, unless shovels or chisels were used to remove the wallpaper (say it ain't so, haha), you should be able to patch the worst with joint compound, then skim the entire area, prime and paint. If you've got areas where there are holes all the way through the drywall, you'll have to patch these in with same, taping and bedding.

If you need more info, get back. I'm assuming it's just a rough surface with no holes.

My best,
Sonnie

Old 05-01-01, 02:19 PM
Visiting Guest
Thumbs up

When drywall is damaged during wallpaper removal the drywall paper may bubble during the repair. Use a product like Guardz from Zinsser to minimize the patching.

Old 05-07-01, 08:16 AM
Visiting Guest
Question Products???

Where would one purchase the products mentioned in the last entry??? I had EXACTLY the same problem when we removed the @#$$%%^ wallpaper from the bathroom and I need that sort of help as well. Thank you so much for asking this question!!
Thanks! Amelia

Old 05-08-01, 05:19 AM
Visiting Guest
Most paint stores (full service) carry Zinsser products. I believe Home Depot has them as well.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: