painting my kitchen with oil based paint


  #1  
Old 05-30-01, 08:09 AM
Guest
Visiting Guest
Posts: n/a
Question

We are into day two of painting our kitchen and are getting overwhelmed by the fumes. I have heard something about vinegar absorbing the smell. Does anyone out there know if this, or anything else works?? We've got about two more days to go!
 
  #2  
Old 05-31-01, 07:14 AM
Guest
Visiting Guest
Posts: n/a
The oilbased paint that you are using probably has mineral spirits in it. I have not heard of vinegar absorbing paint fumes but be aware that vinegar is a weak acid (acetic acid) and may be more objectionable then the smell of mineral spirits. One thing you could do is get some fans and move the air out through a window and bring fresh air into your kitchen. When the paint is dry, the mineral spirits smell should leave also.
 
 

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
 
Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: