sponging

Old 05-31-01, 10:05 AM
Visiting Guest
Question

hello,
I was wondering if anyone had information for me about sponging. There are two parts to my question 1)I recently painted my room a yellow color ( similar to the color of ther border!) I was wondering if I should use a white paint or a sort of creame color for the sponge. 2) I would also like to know what kind of paint should I buy to do the sponging?

Old 06-01-01, 02:46 PM
Visiting Guest
Cool

The color used on the border is a golden yellow (warm), white is a cool color most of the time. Creme is a warm white. Thats what I would use. As for the type of paint, if you have a latex base you should use a latex on top. If you have an oil primer as your base you can use a latex as well, however, if you used an oil base that is not a primer you will need to continue using an oil paint for your top color. Latex is easier to clean up. Flat paints are used most for faux painting but semi-gloss can be used as well for special effects. I did a wall in monochromatic color with the base flat, taped stripes in with painters tape, went over the whole wall a clear gloss to give the stripes exposed a shiny look against the duller stripes. Very effective. Think about what you want to emphasis.

Old 06-01-01, 07:06 PM
Visiting Guest
thanks Gini

Dear Gini,
I would like to thank you for the advice that you gave me about the sponging. I will let you know how it comes out once I am done.

handy girl!!

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: