Making a Plan

Old 06-02-01, 02:33 PM
Visiting Guest
We are formulating a master plan to finish the first floor. All the rooms are an offwhite and we are planning to paint in green and blue tones. The walls currently have 6 year old oil paint on them. We are planning to use latex as it will be easier to use and cleanup. Our choice of brand is currently California though we are open to suggestions. We are wondering if our plan to apply one coat of tinted to color primer and one coat of finish paint will most likely provide good coverage or if we should plan on applying two coats of finish. Most finishes will be in flat. Also is it possbile that a high quality just barely off white will cover the white trim in one coat. We are thinking of using oil on the trim if one coat will cover to save on time and expense. If we need two coats then we are thinkin we will prime and paint and lastly is it correct to presume that one coat of ceiling paint will be adequate for a non smoking house with ceilings in great shape. Thank You
Theresa..........

Old 06-06-01, 06:28 PM
mikejmerritt
Visiting Guest
TheresaOCO, If you use pro brushes and roller covers it may be possible to cover flat walls in one coat if you also use a top of the line paint from a paint store. I don't think latex or oil has an edge in coverage. I would look for two coats of trim paint. You may want to look into true waterborne enamel. It covers like no paint I have ever used but be advised is a little difficult to use because it dries FAST. Do use at least a medium grade wall paint on the ceilings and expect them to cover. Stay away from the ceiling paints because they won't cover themselves.....Mike

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: