4" roller for painting small fix on a wall?

Old 09-25-20, 11:15 AM
N
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
4" roller for painting small fix on a wall?

Is this (https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...JZ5JR3NU&psc=1) the proper roller to use when painting over a small area after fixing it with a repair kit (https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...KX0DER&psc=1)?

Thanks!

Sponsored Links
Old 09-25-20, 11:44 AM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 321 Votes on 285 Posts
Yes, you can use that roller [or similar] for painting drywall repairs.

newbie0101 voted this post useful.
Old 09-25-20, 01:11 PM
Received 372 Votes on 347 Posts
Actually, once you make a drywall repair you should repaint the entire wall, attempting to "touch up" a repair will stand out since the color, gloss, and texture simply can not be matched even using existing paint!

Old 09-25-20, 01:25 PM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
It's true that a paint touch up will never perfectly blend but repainting an entire wall isn't always a viable option. Repairs in the middle of a lighted wall are the hardest to blend in. I used to paint a lot of new residential construction and there is always a lot of touch up needed before the owners take possession. I learned when and wear touch ups worked best and when it was necessary to reroll a wall. The type of paint and color used also plays a factor in how well touch ups will blend.

cwbuff voted this post useful.
Old 09-25-20, 02:13 PM
P
Group Moderator
Received 632 Votes on 584 Posts
Also, prime the repair area or at the minimum apply a quick coat of your paint and let it dry, then paint the area for real. You need to seal the sheetrock and mud from the patch otherwise it will telegraph through the paint.

marksr voted this post useful.
Old 09-25-20, 03:01 PM
C
Received 97 Votes on 76 Posts
I just went through a whole house paint job with a less than professional painter. We had probably 40 punch list hits on her call back. Most of them holidays in the paint. She fixed some of the worst but then we told her to leave (tired of hearing her complain). We have had very good luck with spot touch ups except for one wall where I will have to repaint the entire wall. I think the paint she left for that wall is a different sheen. All of the other repairs aren't visible.
That may be because it was a new paint job.

Old 09-26-20, 02:14 AM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
We have had very good luck with spot touch ups except for one wall where I will have to repaint the entire wall. I think the paint she left for that wall is a different sheen. All of the other repairs aren't visible.
That may be because it was a new paint job.
With the exception of bath rms most new houses utilize the same paint throughout. Unless you are using a latex enamel to touch up flat [or vice versus] the more likely cause is insufficient coverage of the coat that is on the wall.