painting cedar walls

Old 06-18-01, 07:21 PM
Visiting Guest
I would like to paint the interior of my house. The walls are red cedar they have never had a finish of any sort put on them. What do I need to do? Will a primer that is made by Para paints for cedar really stop it from bleeding through? I am worried that the knots will eventually bleed through it will be alot of work and I want to make sure that it is done properly. I have had a few quotes from painters and none of them have ever painted cedar some of them didn't even know that there was a primer made for cedar. I found that scary but live in a small town and only have a few painters to choose from so am thinking of doing it myslef. For this reason would like to make sure that I know what has to be done to make this job a success. Thanks

Old 06-27-01, 07:12 PM
mikejmerritt
Visiting Guest
J. Osadchuk, If you will use something like Zinsser shellac based primer and spot the knots an extra time I think you will have done all you can do to hold back bleeders and think you will be pleased with what you have done yourself. Follow this primer with any topcoat paint...Mike

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: