Power Painter for Interior Painting?

Old 06-23-01, 09:53 AM
Visiting Guest
I am purchasing my first home. I want to paint a few of the rooms. I am thinking that it will come out better if I spary them. Can anybody tell me if the Wagner Power Painter is a good alternative to a regular (and expensive) sprayer? Any body have good or bad Power Painter stories?

Thanks,

Ant

Old 06-23-01, 10:56 AM
T
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
If you are only working in a couple of rooms then I would say it is a waste of money..By the time you have prepared the machine and masked up..blah blah,I would have already finished using the conventional methods..

Old 06-27-01, 01:09 PM
Debra
Visiting Guest
I bought a power paint sprayer and put it as one of the best investments I made. I spray painted my entire basement and bought a 5 gallon bucket of paint and placed it on a dolly so I could move it around the room with me. The sprayer came with a long flexible tube so you could put it directly into the can of paint. However, the clip they gave to hold it in the bucket, did not work. The tube kept floating up and seizing the sprayer. My husband had to stand and hold the tube in place while I sprayed. Also, that tube was a bear to clean. I then tried the paint jar that screws into the bottom. Worked great, but I kept running out of paint and spent more time filling that jar and making a huge mess in the process. It is a call only you can make. The masking off didn't bother me and the over spray was small. I don't know if I would use it to finish an interior wall. I would practice on your garage walls.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: