Painting Rooms with Natural Wood Trim

Old 07-12-01, 12:18 PM
Visiting Guest
Exclamation

We are buying a house that has unpainted wood trim on the bottom of the walls throughout. The walls are painted/will be painted various colors ranging from green, blue, taupe, and white (not all on the same wall--in different rooms!). My husband does not want to paint the wood trim, but I am unsure of how to work with the trim for the ideas that I have in mind. In a couple of the rooms, I would like to have a chair rail or border. In the dining room (which will be a cross between taupe and mauve) I saw an idea that I really liked. They had a chair rail painted the same color as the lower area, and trim attached to the wall in rectangular patterns also painted in that color. Is this going to look silly with the lower trim being unpainted? I need some ideas!!!

Old 07-13-01, 11:39 AM
Visiting Guest
Lightbulb Painting Rooms with Natural Wood Trim--Wainscoting

Okay. I came up with something that I like--wainscoting with a chair rail and wood trim inserts. Now, the question is, how is it going to look if the bottom trim doesn't match the rest (the bottom will remain unpainted). Will it be noticeable?

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: