Painting Designs for teen room?

Old 07-16-01, 09:18 PM
Visiting Guest
Question

I'm painting my bedroom a different color and I have no idea what to do. I want to do something drastic with design and some kind of a theme, but I have no idea what. I thought of blue with clouds, but I'd like to see what else I could do. Any ideas??

Old 07-24-01, 02:27 PM
Visiting Guest
Cool

The world is your oyster. What kind of things do you like? This is the first question you should ask yourself. How much wall space do you have? Anything goes in painting a theme. An example would be: In our bathroom we have a fish theme. It has a sky light that I thought looked like it could be an opening to the waters surface, so I painted it as if you are in a cave under water with fish swimming around. My son wants to do his room with penguins and whales in the artic. As I said, anything goes.

Old 07-24-01, 05:05 PM
Kathy D
Visiting Guest
I'm like you - don't know what to do, and paint the room white. Also, I can't draw anything.

There is a show on Home and Garden TV called Room by Room. I believe the host is Sherry Hiller.

She has some really good ideas about decorating with paint, wallpaper, etc. I saw one show where she took fabric, dipped it in liquid starch, and covered a wall. Looked like wallpaper.

She shows some really interesting painting techniques, too.
Home and Garden has a video of projects Sherry has shown on the show. It's under $20. Also, visit their website for painting technique tips and ideas.

Old 07-25-01, 09:40 AM
Visiting Guest
Cool

You don't need to know how to draw to make your room look great. If you have a design you like and want to copy it on to you wall you can use an enlarger that can be found at craft stores. You put the picture under the enlarger and it reflects on to the wall. You then trace around the enlargement on the wall. And yes, there are many options open to you that do not require drawing. Looking at the video is a good idea when you don't have a clue about your options.

Old 07-25-01, 04:59 PM
Kathy D
Visiting Guest
Thanks for the tip. I may give this a try. You said you were thinking of clouds. My sister-in-law had artist paint
clouds, dogwood tree branches in bloom with birds perched on the limbs. This was painted on a dome type ceiling which really looked nice.

Have you checked out any of the on-line stencil companies? The web sites feature decorated rooms. Maybe one would inspire you.

Good luck.

Old 07-25-01, 07:00 PM
Visiting Guest
Cool

If you go with clouds, you do not need anything but paint, roller, and natural sponge. No artistic talent needed. The branch is easy too. Its done free form and the width of the brush is the most important thing about it. If this is what you want to do, let me know and I will relay it to you.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: