Kelly Moore paint

Old 08-02-01, 09:02 AM
Visiting Guest
Question

We are painting the exterior of our new house...new construction. The siding is Hardiplank, a cement composit. And of course the trim and fascia is raw wood. It seems the best/preferred paint in our area is Kelly Moore. I havn't heard that mentioned here. Does anybody have experience with this brand? How does it rate? We live in Northern Ca.....and I don't believe we have access to Devoe, but have Ben Moore. Thanks!

Old 08-04-01, 10:01 PM
Visiting Guest
Ok, I guess that answers my question! Know one knows anything about Kelly Moore! By my search here, however, I best go down the street to Sherman William's! I like their colors better anyway. Thanks.....

Old 08-05-01, 04:48 AM
mikejmerritt
Visiting Guest
I visited Kelly Moore online and they have a very impressive site and state availability in 9 Western states. It is hard to get info on regional products but it sure seems with as many hits as DIY gets someone would have used it. Here is the link if havn't been there http://www.kellymoore.com/ Can't go wrong with Sherwin-Williams A-100 line and SuperPaint even better but if a lot of material was needed I wouldn't hesitate to use the A-100 because if you catch A-100 on sale it can be 10 dollars a gallon cheaper....Mike

Old 08-07-01, 11:07 AM
Visiting Guest
Smile

Mike,

Thank you! Yes, i did check out the KM site. I want that software that you can click and paint with to check out your color schemes! Thanks for your advise on the SW paint lines. We do need alot of paint ( I have yet to figure how much). But it's a 3 story tall house... about 48 X 53 feet square...and detached garage and was JUST thinking about the difference between the A-100 and Superpaint. I can't decide which! And of course just missed the sale.... Why wouldn't you hesitate on the A-100? 12 year guarantee is good, but 20 years is quite nice. Thanks again!! Sheryl

Old 08-08-01, 05:36 AM
mikejmerritt
Visiting Guest
Why wouldn't you hesitate on the A-100? 12 year guarantee is good, but 20 years is quite nice What the guarantee means is the paint will not fail in a given amount of time. Aside from occasional bad batch, which is caught and pulled quickly, paint on properly prepped surfaces doesn't fail. Failure to bond can almost always be traced to bad or no prep. It would be great for homeowners if this warranty meant that no painting would be needed for 12-20 years but that isn't the case. So buying based on the warranty is not what I do. On new work I most often use A-100 because the prep is there and it gets, counting primer on raw wood, 2-3 coats. I use SuperPaint on repaints where a single coat is all that is needed after prep and spot priming. If money is not a factor or this is a final dream home by all means use S/P but don't look for it to extend the time between paint jobs.....Mike

Old 08-09-01, 12:18 PM
Visiting Guest
Question Sherwin William's primers

Perfect. Thank you for answering my dilemma. A-100 on Hardiplank, latex primer on fiberglass, oil-based primer on fascia and trim. What SW primers do you like... in terms of specific name of product? Thank you!!

Old 08-10-01, 05:30 AM
mikejmerritt
Visiting Guest
The oil and latex primers are in the A-100 line.....Mike

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: