using paperbags on walls

Old 08-06-01, 03:45 PM
Visiting Guest
hi we seen a show once on tearing paperbags and using them as a I believe faux leather look. I can not remember how or what was used to accomplish this look. If anyone knows I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks, Grandpam

Old 08-06-01, 08:57 PM
mikejmerritt
Visiting Guest
Grandpam, Around here we call this elephant hide. Odd but true. Tear the bags into random sizes and shapes. If not painting make sure the bags are similar in color. Crumple the pieces into balls and open up. Dip them in thinned down waterbased acrylic polyurathane and apply to the wall overlapping the pieces. At this point some paint a coat of clear poly and others choose a color and paint. Either way you have a unique finish you won't see everywhere....Mike

Old 08-07-01, 03:59 PM
Visiting Guest
Thankyou so much Mike!!!!! Do you yourself think it looks good? I am very excited about doing this as a cheap way but hopefully good looking wall. My friends think I am crazy but they love other things I have done b/f. LOL..again thankyou so much. Pam

Old 08-08-01, 05:12 AM
mikejmerritt
Visiting Guest
I do like the bag trick but to do the finished product in clear takes a special setting. Painted in deep colors is where this finish really looks good. If you paint use a flat or eggshell for the best look....Mike

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: