Outdoor concrete painting

Old 08-12-01, 01:57 PM
Visiting Guest
Question

I would like to paint our concrete front porch, it is stained and needs an new look. It is covered, but occasionally still gets weather. I want to make sure it won't be too slick when it gets wet! What kind of prep do I need and what kind of paint would you recommend? Thanks!

Old 08-15-01, 04:42 AM
mikejmerritt
Visiting Guest
celtwoman, Wash it with muriatic acid and rinse well. I have been using a no skid product around here like Bondex Sand Finish Texture into the second coat. Do you a couple of samples to get the correct amount....Mike

Old 09-07-01, 02:46 AM
Visiting Guest
I tto have a concrete front porch and found a product called Valspar, which is a skid resistant paint for concrete (including basement floors) and comes in a wide array of colors-from battleship gray to taupe to apricot. The only problem is that I use my hose on full jet power to wash the concrete porch to remove the dust and dirt that can settle in after the porch is painted. Since it is a textured paint (the paint is mixed with a type of sand) this is what happens. I love it because it looks so natural and spreads like frosting (you need to brush it on opposed to rolling). It does look great and covers everything. Good luck.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: