Painting or wallpaper

Old 08-28-01, 08:14 PM
Visiting Guest
Question

I have paneling in my kitchen and dining room and it is really dark. I would like to know if anyone knows which would be easier, to paint it or wallpaper it.

Old 08-29-01, 12:26 PM
Visiting Guest
paneling

I wallpapered on paneling in a mobil home, I was told there is two ways to do it. First, either you have to fill up the groves with spackel and then sand the spackel smooth or you have to put up this felt paper that will smooth out the paneling. I chose the felt paper, you have to remove the thin molding at the ceiling, floor and corners, I replace them with white to match the wallpaper I put up. Actually wasn't as hard as usual wallpapering becuase you don't have to be exact at the top and bottom because the molding will cover it. The felt paper went up quick because of the smooth surface of the paneling it just slides right into place. The man at the paint store told me to used wallpaper border paste to put the felt onto the wall, said it would stick better. I know you cant paint the paneling, I looked into that too. I was told you have to lightly sand then paint with primer then paint. And if you dont do the spackel thing like above it will still look like paneling. Good Luck!

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: