A Moderators Call for Help....

Old 09-12-01, 04:49 PM
mikejmerritt
Visiting Guest
I am sure most of you regulars and many new DIY selfers have noticed I can't keep up with the traffic at this forum alone. BobF, where are you? Chipfo, where are you? Are you OK? Do let us know friend! You were a blessing while you were posting! This is as I see it the 2nd or 3rd busiest forum at DIY. If I don't get input(HELP GUYS) from our other mods I will have to get approval from higher up to put on at least a new moderator here if not two. Don't get me wrong, I love helping all I can but need some help. DIY self members need answers and they need them now. Toptosher, Painter or someone get with me here or at email if you would like to help here....Thanks for any input...Mike

Old 09-14-01, 09:36 AM
B
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
I'm here when I have time...

I've been extremely busy the past several months. I also went through a period last spring where i was getting errors trying to get to these boards. To be honest, I didn't give it much effort. I have better things to do than be heckled when trying to help others. I've seen it happen to others on other forums and tried to ignore it. But, when its an effort to find spare time to get on the board, that's one more reason to skip it.

Old 09-14-01, 01:17 PM
mikejmerritt
Visiting Guest
BobF, Great to hear from you! What you say is true. I pulled up a square dance you and another(mostly another) had going several times with the intention of deleting obnoxious posts and backed off every time. The reason is this, you had replied to these posts and being a moderator I felt like you would deal with them yourself although I felt like they were flaming and uncalled for. That Delete/Edit button works wonders in these cases.....Mike

Old 09-15-01, 02:07 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
Cool

Hey, Guys.
There is always that "10%" that we always have to deal with in life (here or elsewhere).
I either tell them off and shine them on, or ignore them.
We all do this just to help others (like someone helped us once), and most people appreciate the help.
I'm not a pro at any of this (just a long-time D-I-Yer), and I enjoy doing it (or I wouldn't have almost 4,000 posts since 12/99).
It's just another hobby for me, and I only give advice in those forums that I think that I know the answer or that it might lead someone to the right solution to their problem.
If someone doesn't like it, they can ignore it, or GO PAY A PRO. LOL. Mike

Old 09-15-01, 10:39 PM
T
Im not sure that I would make a good moderator here as there are a lot of questions that I cannot answer..(Being English,I have no understanding of American paints,primers,methods etc) I`ll help out where I can but to tell you the truth,with all the stuff thats happened in New york,Im not sure that my "heart is in it" at the moment.

Old 09-18-01, 01:29 AM
T
HEY...you cant beat "a good old fashioned" LOVE FEST.

Old 09-19-01, 03:06 PM
JDX
Visiting Guest
Mike, was it something I said? tell me what wasn't true in my post that you deleted. Is BobF suddenly useful to you or are you still trying to dump him? Your democrat colors are showing....( aka- not telling the truth!!!)

Old 09-20-01, 01:49 AM
mikejmerritt
Visiting Guest
JDX.....You read this.....I have not the time, energy or inclination to go at it with you here. I will explain this once and if you keep coming back you will be deleted unless it pertains to painting and helping others. This forum WILL NOT continue to host the JDX is the Best Painter in the World Show and any other lines of thought are dumped on by you in a very harsh manor. I contacted BobF and filled him in on our email conversations and expalined my use of the word useless to him. So others will know, I used that term to describe the number of posts and the fact that he helps on a limited part time basis or so it seemed at the time and since you last jumped him(and you were wrong to do so!) he has just pulled out. You were considered at one time for moderator status here by me but I think it was just positive thinking on my part that you could tone down. Being a pro means that you understand that there are many different ways to do things with an assortment of tools that may or may not be how you or another pro would do it but a good outcome can be had. We aren't dealing with pros here. If that were the case they would't be here! JDX, you are a real pro painter in my opinion, probably the best that has ever logged in here, but your people skills are shy of making the top of the ladder. I doubt BobF could be any more offended by me than he already has by you here at DIY and at no time here or anywhere else did I attempt, look into or even consider having him bumped as a mod as if I would have the power to do so. What I do have the power to do is keep this a DIY forum to help others with painting and related matters and as I said before, any posts that attempt to stir horse feathers will be taken to the dump where they belong as soon as I log in...Got that?

Old 09-21-01, 02:47 PM
JDX
Visiting Guest
Mike, You certainly know how to handle a situation when you get your entire upper body caught in the ringer. I would have loved to hear you back-peddling with BobF, but we can save that for another time, ehhhh?
My harsh style offends very few. If you notice I rarely get into it with a DIYerselfer. BobF gives out useless info., and for a moderator?...it is simply pitiful.
Now, on with the JDX SHOW! (as you lamely put it)

Old 09-22-01, 02:13 AM
mikejmerritt
Visiting Guest
Agreed on your description of the JDX Show thing. It was early(to early) and true you rarely have trouble with DIY'ers. Onward....

Old 09-22-01, 11:55 AM
JDX
Visiting Guest
What are you saying, Mike.(?)

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: