Painting Arched Ceilings and rounded corners???

Old 09-26-01, 06:59 AM
Visiting Guest
Question

Hi Everyone!

I am moving into an old house in a couple weeks and before I do so I wanted to paint, so I have a vision and found some colors I really like and as I am looking around the house last night I notice that all of the edges, where the ceiling meets the wall and one wall meets another are all rounded and arched. My question is how do I paint this??? Do I just make an arbitraty line and paint to that point only, do you stop before the ceiling starts to arch? Do you paint everything including the ceiling??? Any thought or ideas would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
Christa

Old 09-26-01, 08:03 AM
T
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Good question.
I think that most people would be inclined to decorate the ceiling around the curve and then where the curve finishes,strike a chalk line all around the room and cut in the wall colour to that line.
To be different though,you could do this visa-versa,or even half way! Confused?? .......I am!
Decorate the ceiling first and try the different methods above on opposite sides & corners of the room...See which you prefer,make your decision and "get to work"!

Old 09-27-01, 09:08 PM
Sonnie Layne
Visiting Guest
Christa,
I'm just finishing a remodel job where the client wanted all ceiling/wall junctures to be rounded with a rather larger radius curve (we used 14" radius). Walls were one colour (per room) and the ceiling was, of course much lighter or less saturated. The way I did it was to paint the ceiling first, as always, I extended the ceiling paint down the wall a bit, maybe 4 inches. Then when rolling the walls, I overlapped this 4inch area with a rather dry roller, took a sponge and "washed" the wall colour out into the curve. The end effect was a blend of the two colours in the transition space. Think about it, it might work for you.

s

Old 09-28-01, 09:41 AM
T
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Sonny does it again..I`ll have to remember that one!! I would never have thought of that in a million years.......

Old 09-28-01, 10:31 AM
Visiting Guest
Awesome Ideas! Thank you so much!

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: