fixing a painting foul-up

Old 10-22-01, 05:31 AM
Visiting Guest
Hello from San Diego,

This post is also related to Lap Master's. I just painted the "rails and stiles" of 4 cabinet doors. (the doors are flat plywood, with 1x4 trim pieces around the edges, the trim pieces on the door form a "frame" around where I will glue a mirror). I painted the trim boards with a semi-gloss off white latex enamel, using good-quality brushes. But even despite a lot of care, the brush and lap marks are very visible, and these doors will be mounted at the end of a well traveled hallway. I want to re-do the painting, but I"m not sure if I need to sand down to bare wood and start over again, or if I can do a light sanding, or if I should NOT sand at all. I also need advice on what other applicators to use. Your advice is greatly appreciated. I used advice from this site to recently tile a bathroom vanity, and I had great results! Thanks, Gail.

Old 10-24-01, 06:17 AM
Visiting Guest
Hi Gail - I'm no pro, but have had much better luck painting doors with a high-quality roller brush, than with a paint brush. Normally, a few good coats is all it takes to get a nice even, flawless look. I've had the same problems with a paint brush.

Best wishes,
Lisa

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: