Easiest way to paint wood ballisters?

Old 10-24-01, 02:36 PM
Visiting Guest
Question

I am looking for the easiest and neatest way to paint the ballisters on my stairwell. I brushed on the primer...what a huge PIA!!!!!!! Please help. Also...Better to use latex or oil?

Old 10-25-01, 07:32 AM
Visiting Guest
Jennifer, I have an idea that may work. If brushing is not to your liking, perhaps you can buy some spray cans and spray on the final finish. You can purchase waterbased spray cans but for the most part, they are oil based. Decide on the color and gloss youe want, tape off or cover the parts that you do not want to paint, and then PATIENTLY apply you spray finish. Build your finish slowly. It will take a couple of coats to get the finish you want and it will take a few cans of paint but it will not give you brush marks. Again, be patient and build your film slowly.

Old 10-28-01, 01:43 AM
mikejmerritt
Visiting Guest
Another option is a cigar roller. This leaves you only brushing the top and bottom of each part...Just a thought....Mike

Old 10-28-01, 03:23 AM
T
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
We call em radiator rollers Because they are used for painting behind..You guessed it..radiators.. They can have either sheepskin,mohair or sponge sleeves and are perfect for staircase woodwork..But as Mike says,You should lay off with a brush if you want to lose the orange peel effect..

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: