Giving ceiling tile pizzaz...

Old 10-26-01, 01:19 PM
Visiting Guest
I'm purchasing a house, in which all the rooms contain 12" square tiles on the ceiling. What can I do to give them more appeal? I prefer textured ceilings, but don't want to go through the drywall mess. Are there special textured paints, or paint with glitter,etc. that I can apply? I checked with a local painter. He said that spraying a texture is not advisable, that later, there would be settling between the tiles.

Old 10-28-01, 01:40 AM
mikejmerritt
Visiting Guest
iva, There are texture paints that may be an option for you. This can be bought premixed or you can make your own. Best money is spent making your own. Buy drywall compound in 5's and thin with flat paint. Any color paint can be used. Experimenting with different texture roller covers and different amounts of paint is the key to getting what you want. Do get a mud stirrer for a drill to do the mixing. Also, you could rent or buy a glitter gun. This isn't done much anymore but is easy in that you roll the ceiling with desired color of paint and spray the glitter on it while wet. The glitter gun is a simple tool that is for small projects hand cranked....Mike

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: