painting ceiling

Old 11-09-01, 10:37 AM
Visiting Guest
Talking

I've got a bare ceiling to paint that was intended to be sprayed with popcorn. However, I want to paint it with a smooth surface. I'm going to do it myself and want to know the steps I'll need to take prior to painting as well as the materials I need to use. Also, any suggestions on the best type paint to use? Thanks!!

Old 11-12-01, 09:07 AM
Visiting Guest
painting ceiling

First you need to clean the surface to have it free from dust or dirt. Next you need to prime the ceiling with an latex base primer. How to apply the primer first have to do all the cutting in such as the edge near the walls and lighting fixtures with a paint brush. Next get a roller with a 1/4 inch nap if the ceiling is smooth,thicker nap if the ceiling is rougher. Use an extention on the end of the roller handle to roll the ceiling such as a broom handle that has threads on the end and screw the extention to the end of the roller. It will take a little time to get use to rolling but you will get use to it. Apply 1 coat of primer and two coats of good quality ceiling paint. Don't forget to cover anything you don't want to get paint on. Good luck

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: