painting sheetrock w/dark paint

Old 11-10-01, 09:47 AM
Visiting Guest
Thumbs down

I am painting good sheetrock in a bedroom where a little boy grew up for ten years. When I started patching all the nail holes, etc, I realized just how "beaten up" the walls are. There's no way I can get the walls flawless enough for navy blue paint. I'm an experienced painter, however, I've never used a really dark color. I know it will show all the little nicks, dents and mars, etc. Is there a texturizer or something I can use to make it slightly "bumpy" on purpose? Or at least have a little texture that will camouflage the little nicks. I thought about sponging the same navy color on top. Do you think that would camouflage the nicks well enough? It's a decent sized room, so I really am not looking forward to sponging the whole room, but will if you think that would be the best way. Also, I don't want it too bumpy because on one wall I will be outlining the Chicago skyline with a thin (1-1/2") line of silver paint. Thanks for your ideas!!

Old 11-16-01, 10:28 AM
T
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Personally, I would face fill the wall with a 12" caulker and then cross line the walls with 1000 grade lining paper..
There is no reason why they cannot look as good as new..

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: