painting porcelain bathroom fixtures

Old 12-05-01, 06:47 AM
K
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Question painting porcelain bathroom fixtures

Is there a way to change the color of bathroom sinks and toilets without replacing them? I have heard of people painting porcelain sinks but I don't necessarily buy into the idea that it will hold up.

Does anyone have any experience with this question?

thanks

Old 12-09-01, 01:24 AM
mikejmerritt
Visiting Guest
kidbat, Hate to say that my experience with DIY kits is not positive. The chemicals that the pros use to prep are very harsh and the finish is not brushed on like the DIY kits, its sprayed. Even the pros have problems with fixtures that get heavy use. Never have seen a toilet done DIY or pro. Best advice: get new sink and toilet, give the tub a go yourself. The worst that happens is you get some lifting. Do follow all prep directions closely. Ventilate the room because all of these products are very harsh and will put you to sleep....Mike

Old 12-09-01, 06:43 AM
T
Upvotes: 0
Received 2 Upvotes on 2 Posts
Changing color of porcelain bath fixtures

Forum posters tend to recommend decorating around the colors of bath fixtures. From the standpoint of long-term durability in a high-use bath, the coatings used to resurface/recolor do not hold up very well. You also have the option of replacing the fixtures if the budget allows.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: