poor paint color choice

Old 12-06-01, 02:50 AM
Visiting Guest
Question poor paint color choice

Help please! I've gone to a lot of work removing wallpaper and re-finishing the walls in a bedroom and now my color choice is too....well let's say intense. Is there anyway to calm the tone down without repainting? I'm tired and need back into the bedroom.

melcro

Old 12-06-01, 04:01 AM
B
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
wall hangings/faux painting...

I've seen a bright red room toned down by using wall hangings (art, pictures, etc). You can also faux paint (sponge, roll, stencil..) the wall with lighter colors. This doesn't require repainting the entire wall.

Curtains and new furniture also help tone it down.

Old 12-19-01, 05:04 PM
Visiting Guest
I did this also once!

Hey I've been there before!!! The best idea and it worked for me is to go buy a sponge roller from Home Depot or something. This looks just works just like a regular roller but looks like a sea sponge one. It's between $7-10 and will last for a long time if you clean it properly after. I painted my whole hall in like 30 min, and it's really big. You just get a paint color you wouldl like over it that would soften it or even just a off white you don't want pure white as this would give it to much contrast. This should be a quick way to soften that color and I think you will really like the way it looks, it very stylish and easy! By the way think down your paint with water, or you can buy decorator glaze and mix it half paint, half decorator glaze. I like glaze gives you more depth of color, may levels of that color. Good luck!

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: