paiting vinyl seats and canvas

Old 12-28-01, 01:39 AM
Visiting Guest
paiting vinyl seats and canvas

I need to paint vinyl seats on golf cart and canvas boat cover .What type of paint can I use.

Old 12-28-01, 01:05 PM
T
Upvotes: 0
Received 2 Upvotes on 2 Posts
Painting vinyl upholstery and canvas

I would be hesitant to paint vinyl upholstery because doing so can cause premature embrittlement. There are similar concerns re: painting canvas such as tents and awnings. If you do decide to paint canvas, avoid enamel paint or any paint that requires a solvent cleaner. Liquitex Canvas paint is recommended. Find more info at www.liquitex.com where you may find what you are looking for. If you use acrylic house paint, water down (50/50) as canvas needs to bend and breathe. Too much paint will make canvas stiff and heavy. Paint will also cause the canvas to shrink. After painting, the canvas will have to be waterproofed, as painting removes the waterproofing.

2 tsp. of salt and 2 tsp. lemon juice in one cup of water is a good way to clean canvas. This is usually done on a sunny day when the sun can help the lemon juice brighten the canvas and lighten mold/mildew stains. The canvas should be water proofed after cleaning. Canvas has been in use since the 1600s to provide shade and shelter. If properly cared for, canvas should last 20 years or more.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: