Too Good to be True

Old 01-13-02, 02:57 PM
Chips
Visiting Guest
Too Good to be True

I was at a Home Renovation Show where a dealer was demonstrating a "PAINT PAD SET" to paint a wall. The paint pad was dipped into a special paint roller tray to saturate with paint. He then proceeded to paint the wall with no paint splattering or brush markes. He even had little pads for cutting without first masking-taping. He made it look easier and faster than a brush or roller. My question is," is it too good to be true?"

Old 01-13-02, 04:03 PM
T
Upvotes: 0
Received 2 Upvotes on 2 Posts
Painting with paint pads

Paint pads have been around for a while. Years ago I tried one to edge out just to say I had done it. It ended up in the trash. I prefer to cut in with a brush. My dad taught me how to paint when I was a kid. With experience and a steady hand, you don't need tape. It does come in handy just in case you accidentally lose your touch. As they say, "If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is."

Old 01-14-02, 12:50 AM
B
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
I tried it about 25 years ago

I too, tried the pads about 25 years ago. I did one room in my own residence. That was the one and only time. One thing I remember about it was the finish was too flat. Roller sleeves leave a fine texture that most people don't notice until its not there. The pads do not have this texture. While some people may like it, most prefer the look of a wall painted with a roller.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: