fixing interior rag painting

Old 01-17-02, 04:08 AM
Visiting Guest
Unhappy fixing interior rag painting

I just started to repaint (actually add to) my hallway. Using a decorator paint for some creative painting - The base color is white with India green on top, which I started a rag process - well you can see a line where 2 sections, although done a few minutes apart the overlaop shows - any suggestions on how to fix this? - before I make it worse I thought I'd ask around
Thank You

Old 01-17-02, 06:09 AM
Visiting Guest
Did you use water based products for the ragging? In my experience water based ragging is less forgiving as far as lap marks go, compared to the oil based products.

Although the faux finishes around here are mainly left up to interior decorators or home owners I have had some experience. What I would probably try to do is fade out the lap mark with the ragging, starting at the edges of the lap and working outward, this can however make it worse.

If there is no real solution, worse case senerio is re-painting the base color and starting over, from corner of room to corner, or other natural stopping point (which probably is the best guarantee).

When painting or faux finishing it is always nesasary to start at one end of the wall and work to the other, never in the middle or in such a way where it would have time to sit and then overlapping it, there are of course few exceptions where there is no choice.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: