applying popcorn texture (2 coats?)

Old 01-20-02, 10:22 AM
Visiting Guest
Unhappy applying popcorn texture (2 coats?)

I just have a question for anyone that can help me. I just applied a popcorn texture paint on my ceiling, and I have wood wallboard ceilings that show the seams. After applying the texture paint, you can still see the seams. Other than that, it turned out good. Can I add another coat of texture paint over the one that I just applied? Or will I just be creating a problem to do this. My idea was, that another coat would make it cover more, but I am afraid to spend time and money messing it up! Please Help!

Old 01-21-02, 06:32 AM
mikejmerritt
Visiting Guest
shellcates, Keep in mind that from here I can't see how badly the joints show so you will have to be the judge as to whether a second coat of popcorn will help. I can tell you that a second coat of texture can be used and it would have to help. To late on this thought but the wood could have been primed and taped/finished like sheetrock to level....Mike

Old 01-21-02, 08:29 AM
Visiting Guest
Smile

Thanks for your help! I think that a second coat will probably help, so I am going to go ahead and apply it again. It was late when I worked on it, and in the morning, it didn't look as bad as I had orginally thought, It sure could have been worse! So a second coat should do it. (If I would have looked here before I started, I would have known to do the joints like drywall! Thank goodness I found this site)!

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: