Need help

Old 01-21-02, 07:29 AM
Visiting Guest
Need help

I am tring to paint my 15 year old brothers room and the walls are really rough and uneven and the only way to fix them would be to put up new drywall which we don't want to do so my question is is there a paint or paint techneq that is textured that would make it look better
Thanks

Old 01-21-02, 07:51 AM
Visiting Guest
texture paint

You have lots of options! Check out books on paint techniques at your local library, or browse through some of the how-to books at the home improvement stores. There are also paint additives (like sand, etc.) that can give your walls a textured look. A visit to paint center at Home Depot or Lowe's should help.

Good luck!

Kim

Old 01-21-02, 04:02 PM
Visiting Guest
mommyof1,

Please describe what you mean by "the walls are really rough and uneven"

Old 01-22-02, 09:18 AM
Visiting Guest
Well it looks like someone smeared plaster on the walls so they are high and low spots. I am not very good at desribing this but it is bumpy

Old 01-23-02, 04:27 AM
Visiting Guest
Well mommyof1, it sounds as if someone tried to do some patching with joint compound, about the only way to fix bad patch jobs is to sand down the high points and re-apply joint compound to smooth, re-texure (if needed) to match. Sometimes it is nesasary to call in a pro, depending on how bad the walls look, just to do the patch repair and matching of the texture, then you can save some money by doing the priming and painting yourself. It never hurts to get a bid or two on what you need done.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: