How to paint/prep fibreglass?

Old 03-06-02, 02:52 PM
Sparkadelic
Visiting Guest
How to paint/prep fibreglass?

I need to paint the bucket on my bucket truck. What are the appropriate steps to prep/paint my bucket properly? Thanks for the help.

B Rad

Old 03-09-02, 04:54 PM
gregory001
Visiting Guest
I am not qualified for this job,but I have done a fair bit of fibreglassing and painting of it over the years and got paid for it.
I dont understand what a bucket truck is so I,ll just use my imagination.

Fibreglass needs a 2 pack primer/Undercoat applied to it first(If it is bare) and then the top coats of your choice.The important thing is you can put a single pack paint over a 2 pack,but it doesnt work the other way,so that is why a 2 pack primer/undercoat is important.Dulux has a very good primer/undercoat for this.Once you mix it,Part A with Part B you usually have about 3 hrs to apply it before it starts going off.
If it is painted already and you need to repaint it,a good sand if it is in good condition and the top coats.If it is bare fibreglass,rough it up a bit with sandpaper,and apply the primer/undercoat first,sand smooth and then top coats.

Sorry I cant be of better help

Old 03-09-02, 06:10 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
gregory001,
I think by 'bucket truck' , he means a cherry picker.
You know, one of those one man lifts from the back of a truck to rescue stranded Kualas from the tops of trees.

Paint the bucket in Oiler colors!!!!

fred

Old 03-10-02, 05:55 AM
Sparkadelic
Visiting Guest
Yes it is painted already. And yes it is a one man lift on the back of my truck. Not to many kuala's though. Maybe the odd chimp. Thanks for the help. I dont know crap about 1 pack, 2pack, etc. but you told me all I really need to know.

Old 03-10-02, 07:38 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
The Kuala comment was for Gregory. He din't know what a bucket truck was, and I have no idea what 2pack is either.
I know alot about a six pack, though.

Old 03-10-02, 07:51 AM
Sparkadelic
Visiting Guest
Ya, I get it now. I did not read Greg's bio. later.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: