demagnitize for appliance painting

Old 03-10-02, 03:03 PM
gubstubby
Visiting Guest
demagnitize for appliance painting

We want to paint our refrigerator to match new appliances in the kitchen. We've got the primer and epoxy paint. I've heard that the refrigerator should be demagnitized. What are the requirements and steps for doing this? Is it necessary? Thanks to anyone who knows!!!!! Gubstubby

Old 03-12-02, 04:13 AM
B
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
huh???

Never heard of this. Where did you get this info? Either you're pulling our collective legs or someone is pulling your leg.

Old 03-12-02, 04:16 PM
Group Moderator
Received 262 Upvotes on 213 Posts
Well of course it has to be de-magnetized, Bob; surprised you didn't know that. You remove all the refrigerator magnets and all the stuff they are holding!

Old 03-13-02, 03:41 PM
KeithP
Visiting Guest
Good call tow-guy....for a minute there I was so distracted that the question had me thinking along the lines of electrostatic-spraying .

'Demagnitizing' to me sounds like mumbo-jumbo (that IS of course, if a guy implied he was going to charge you for this so-called service before he paited your fridge), other than that, never heard of it, nor have any of our painters here at the shop.
Keith

Old 03-14-02, 05:22 AM
Group Moderator
Got email from gubstubby that he was absolutely serious, but I can't figure the connection. It is possible to PAINT an actual magnet, is it not?

Old 03-14-02, 05:24 AM
Group Moderator
By the way, the 'Jays going to do anything this year, Keith? They spring train in my hometown.

Old 03-14-02, 07:09 AM
KeithP
Visiting Guest
In this town, it's very difficult to 'go anywhere'...it is so hard on sports teams man...Leafs aside, who always do well at the gate even though they never go to the end...we have a new GM thank god, so perhaps the mood will pick up around the clubhouse...do you manage to hit any games down there? My boss just got back from his annual golf trip just north of Daytona and the weather was most un-Florida-like last week eh. Back to you tow-guy.

Old 03-14-02, 09:40 AM
Group Moderator
Catch the minor league Jays once in a while when I visit there, but live 100 miles south now. Sorry about the boss' weather, but we always need the rain this time of year. Had to look at the calendar myself; except for the cooler weather could have been summer monsoon season. Lots of your countrymen down here this time of year; several of the mobile home parks in this area fly both the US and Canadian flags out front.

Old 03-14-02, 02:50 PM
KeithP
Visiting Guest

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: