Painting An Image on the Wall

Old 03-13-02, 10:07 AM
AmyMcKay
Visiting Guest
Painting An Image on the Wall

I'd like to use a projector to get an image onto a wall - on a large scale. An overhead projector seems to be a good bet but I've not used one. I've seen a few sites selling a small one for about $35 but who knows whether that works or not. Ideally I'd like to select a pastural scene out of a magazine, jam it in my overhead projector, adjust the image to size and sketch it out with a pencil, turn the projector off, paint the scene - then sit back and humbly accept all complements on my amazing skills!

Old 03-13-02, 10:52 AM
G
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
An overhead projector won't do you any good. They only work for items that are transparent.

Old 03-14-02, 09:41 AM
apressler
Visiting Guest
No Problem. Purchase some blank overhead sheets at an office supply store. Then you can do 2 things.

First: Place the blank sheet on top of your picture and trace the elements. Then project the tracing onto the wall and use a paint pen with a complimentary color to transfer the image lines directly to the wall. You can then essentially paint by numbers.

Second: Take the image to Kinko's or other copy place and have the image copied onto your blank projector sheet with a color copier - they should be able to make it suitably transparent.

Before you do either, determine how much of the image can be projected onto the wall - you may have to make scale copies of the original in order to get the right size projection.

Adam

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: