Painting without brushes

Old 03-26-02, 12:47 AM
mapdhbp
Visiting Guest
Painting without brushes

I am wanting to paint one wall in my living room. It is a very old house and has been extremely well maintained. 12 ft ceilings, pocket doors, the works. The problem is, the whole thing is done in creamy white, with light carpet and just so happens, my furniture is white also. I just bought the house and can't afford any major changes just yet. So I thought I would paint one wall (bay window area) to bring some contrast into the room. I want it to look like it's faded or the parchment paper look. I have seen this done before on TLC, but can't remember how they did it. I know I don't want to use sponges, but I think they did it with wadded newspaper. If you have any clue what I am talking about, please give me some tips.

Old 03-26-02, 01:25 AM
KeithP
Visiting Guest
Here's a link with a lot of various techniques that can achieve a more blended, softer look to the wall without harshness...if you blend your glaze with cheesecloth for example, it will be very subtle, cotton rags work well also...I couldn't find the link for your TLC episode in time but look around there too if you like www.discovery.com and click TLC. Good luck with your project.

http://www.wallsalive.com/protip3.html

Old 03-26-02, 12:30 PM
T
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
a white satin base and black tea washed over with a sponge..you can pat it with scrumbled newspaper to keep the finish consistent..

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: